Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A summer classic, this is cool and refreshing! For a sweeter, less tangy drink, use pineapple canned in syrup rather than its own juice. Southwest, Southern and Mexican recipe.
- 2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1⁄4 cup crushed ice
- brown sugar (up to 1 tablespoon)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds). Pour into chilled glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice, a pineapple wedge, or a maraschino cherry. Enjoy!
- For a sweeter, less tangy drink, use pineapple canned in syrup rather than its own juice.
Yum. DD (toddler) liked more than me and my sister who is obsessed with this drink in general liked it so much even without the rum. I used canned pineapple which I found did not go totally smooth. I used good organic coconut milk for the coconut milk. I guessed the proportions as I dont have an oz scale. Googled: 1 oz = 2 tbs second time making. If I ever have a Caribbean party I will make this again but I wont make it to just drink for myself as I don't love it. Photo posted. Made for ZWT5 for Cooks With Dirty Faces.
Everyone really enjoyed this. I used canned crushed pineapple and accidently bought creme of coconut. I just added whole milk and it was perfect!! Thank you!Made for ZWT5.
Tasty! Doubled the recipe just for me. Used light coconut milk and frozen fresh pineapple instead of crushed. Thanks for sharing!