Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Did you know that the mango is the world's most popular fruit? Try it in this non alcoholic version of the famous bellini! You might want to make the sugar syrup early to give it time to chill. Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
- 1 cup mango, diced and peeled (medium size)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups ginger ale (or Sprite)
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
Sugar Syrup (use 6 Tbls chilled)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- Sugar Syrup:.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan: stir well. Bring the mix to a boil over medium high heat, and cook 45 seconds or until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let cool. Store the syrup in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 2 cups.
- Place the mango, lime juice, and sugar syrup in food processor. Process until smooth. Strain the mango puree and discard pulp. Pour 1/4 cup of the mango puree into each of 4 fluted glasses. Add 1/2 cup ginger ale(or sprite); slowly pour 1/2 teaspoons grenadine down inside of each glass. Don't stir before serving! Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.
The drink was very tasty. The only negative is that I wish I had known to prepare the simple sugar earlier to give it time to chill. Because of this the drink took longer than expected to make, but regardless was very good.
Excellant Sharon just excellant. This quick and easy drink is fabulous. A delicious mango flavoured treat, not too sweet. I'll be making this again and again. Thanks so much for sharing.