Looking for something new to do with those old ripe bananas? These banana fritters have just the right amount of sweetness that the whole family will enjoy. My family hails from St. Thomas, USVI and my mother used to make these for us all the time as kids. I still love them. But beware these are definitely not for the dieting type, but they are so delicious, enjoy!
- Heat large skillet and fill with about 1/2 cup of oil.
- Mix all ingredients up to cinnamon with a wire wisk.
- Mix until batter is almost a pancake batter-lik consistency. Make sure batter isn't too thick, if it is add a little bit of water, it definitely won't hurt the flavor.
- Spoon out batter into the skillet as if you are making small pancakes. Try to spread the mix out so that it isn't too thick while frying.
- Note: If the batter is too thick it will fall apart when you try to flip it.**.
- Brown the fritters until they are a golden brown, you don't want them to be too light, but you don't want them to be extremely dark either.
- Watch the edges of the fritters; the edges should turn brown when ready top be flipped.
- When done frying, drain as much of the excess oil off and then transfer to a bowl lined with paper towel.