1/1 Photo of Virgin Islands Style Banana Fritters
Looking for something new to do with those old ripe bananas? These banana fritters have just the right amount of sweetness that the whole family will enjoy. My family hails from St. Thomas, USVI and my mother used to make these for us all the time as kids. I still love them. But beware these are definitely not for the dieting type, but they are so delicious, enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat large skillet and fill with about 1/2 cup of oil.
- 2Mix all ingredients up to cinnamon with a wire wisk.
- 3Mix until batter is almost a pancake batter-lik consistency. Make sure batter isn't too thick, if it is add a little bit of water, it definitely won't hurt the flavor.
- 4Spoon out batter into the skillet as if you are making small pancakes. Try to spread the mix out so that it isn't too thick while frying.
- 5Note: If the batter is too thick it will fall apart when you try to flip it.**.
- 6Brown the fritters until they are a golden brown, you don't want them to be too light, but you don't want them to be extremely dark either.
- 7Watch the edges of the fritters; the edges should turn brown when ready top be flipped.
- 8When done frying, drain as much of the excess oil off and then transfer to a bowl lined with paper towel.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Virgin Islands Style Banana Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.5
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.1 mg
- Sodium 34.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 43.0 g
- Protein 7.1 g