Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Herbs and Spices the Cook's Reference" by Jill Norman. Use to rub onto fish or steak before grilling, or over a chicken before roasting.
- 3 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley
- Grind all the ingredients in a mortar or food processor until well mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator.
very good, I can see this used in many dishes, thanks for sharing this great spice mix Engrossed!
I have made this salt and will come back to add stars when I have used it in cooking - but for now, the instrcutions were VERY easy to follow and the combination of spices and the ratio of salt to spices and herbs are spot on - excellent! I plan to use it on roast chicken this weekend - thanks Engrossed for adding to my seasoned salt recipe collection! FT:-)