Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicate sweet and spicy mustard sauce, originally from Brive in Western France. It is ideal served with meats of all sorts, or as a traditional side for Perigord sausage cooked with apples, or cheese, or my Croque Monsieur The Ultimate Croque Monsieur - Baked French Bistro Sandwich. Adapted from Davidburke & Donatella.
- Bring the wine, grapes and port to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Boil until the liquid is almost gone and the mixture turns syrupy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Purée mixture in a blender, then pass through a fine sieve.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add the mustards and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.