1/1 Photo of Violet Murphy's Southern Hotcakes
This is my Aunt Violet's recipe. It was on our table every Sunday. The recipe is very old.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Double sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2Have the buttermilk at room temperature.
- 3Add the oil and the egg to the sifted mixture.
- 4Add 1/2 cup of buttermilk and stir.
- 5To the other 1/2 cup stir in the baking soda.
- 6Fold together and prepare to smile as these come off the griddle.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Violet Murphy's Southern Hotcakes
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.8
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 414.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g