Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here in North Carolina, wild violets grow everywhere in the spring. Here is a way I found on Chef2Chef to preserve them. I haven't tried this yet, but will in the spring. This recipe originally comes from England.
- Rinse violet blossoms well and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add 3/4 cups water and the lime juice; blend well.
- Gradually add sugar, blending until a smooth paste is formed.
- In a saucepan, mix the pectin and remaining water; bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute.
- Add to blender and blend for 1 minute.
- Quickly pour into prepared jars and seal.
- This turns a beautiful purple color.