Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very pretty parfait
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup violet syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup yogurt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup banana, sliced
- 18 violets
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, sugar, 1 tablespoon violet syrup and almond extract until smooth.
- Set aside to chill in refrigerator, at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- In a small saucepan, mix gelatin with 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand five minutes to soften.
- Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove pan from heat, transfer to a medium-size bowl and allow mixture to cool.
- Set the pan over a sink or larger bowl of ice water and whisk in yogurt, stirring until the mixture begins to jell.
- Immediately beat the mixture with an electric mixer on high speed for four to five minutes, until it is light and tripled in volume.
- Stir in chilled ricotta mixture.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining violet syrup with blueberries, raspberries and banana slices. Divide the fruit into six equal portions.
- In a parfait glass spoon a bit of the ricotta cream mixture, top with a bit of berry mixture, then repeat once.
- Repeat with remaining five parfait glasses.
- Garnish with violets.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.