Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Spring is almost here and blooming violets will soon follow - for only a short time. This is a great activity to do with the kids since they are closer to the ground for picking the blossoms. Be sure that the flowers are from a natural area and have not been sprayed. The juice is a beautiful color of blue until the lemon juice is added then a "magical" color change occurs and it becomes a hot pink color. This is a beautiful, delicious jelly. And a good excuse to be outdoors!
- Wash blossoms and place in 1 quart jar.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Cover jar and let steep until next day.
- Strain using cheese cloth.
- Add 2 tbsp lemon juice and pectin.
- Bring to boil.
- Add sugar and return to boil for one minute.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and seal.