Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This green salad is a nice accompaniment to any dish.
- 8 ounces mixed salad greens, such as leaf lettuce, romaine, bibb lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1⁄2 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Wash greens and drain.
- Break into bite-size pieces and chill for 1/2 hour.
- Put greens and Gruyere in salad bowl.
- Thoroughly blend remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight lid.
- Pour salad dressing from jar over salad and toss gently.
- Serve at once.
I used a mix of Romaine, red leaf, and spinach leaves. The dressing is what makes it. Wonderful! Thanks Miss Annie for another keeper!!
This is a very nice simple salad. I was making this with a meat meal, so I left off the gruyere. The dressing was really nice and similar in flavour to one I have posted seperately. Thanks Miss Annie