Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
- 4 eggs
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 125 g flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 10 -12 tablespoons jam, any kind
- Sift flower.
- Blend egg yolks with sugar.
- Slowly add flower, vanilla sugar and backing powder.
- In a separate bowl beat egg whites and then carefully add it to the mixture.
- Pour it on a well greased large oven pan.
- Bake at 240 C for only 7 minutes.
- After you take it out of the oven quickly roll it and place some wet cloth around it.
- When it's cold, unfold it carefully and spread jam over it, roll it again, and cut pieces 1,5 cm wide.
I had a bit of trouble getting this to stay rolled but it was good any way. I used half apricot on one side and pineapple on the other , I couldnt decide what I wanted. I will make this again
This raised more than I thought it would, so I'd put it in a smaller pan than I should have. I managed to squash it down a bit though :) It's delicious. I used strawberry jam, so decorated with strawberries and cream! I will DEFINITELY be making this again, as it's quite quick and easy to make too. Thanks for posting! (Reviewed for Spring PAC 2007)