Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Tried and True, husband rated favorite. Few Ingredients and Quick to make.
Make and share this Vintage Hamburger Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- Saute beef, 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes and 2 onions in large frying pan. Drain excess fat. Lots of onions makes this good.
- Meanwhile, in another pan cook macaroni in boiling, salted water until tender (approximately 5 minutes for the smaller sized macaroni). Set aside until almost ready to serve.
- When beef and onions are finished cooking, add the canned crushed tomatoes and approximately 1/2 cup water. Add garlic salt, pepper, chili powder and mix well.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes; then add cooked macaroni noodles and mix well when ready to serve. If you add the macaroni noodles too soon, they may over cook and get mushy.
- This is one of my husbands favorite recipes from his mother when he was growing up -- it''s still a favorite today.
DH gave this a ten finger rating, lol. It's a sturdy old fashioned recipe (he kind my grandmother would have made in the 50's) Thats very filling. All you need is a simple side salad and dinner is served. :D