Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw this being made on Sara's Secrets. I have made some modifications to the pie as I thought the pie was bit dry without the extra toppings. I make extra spaghetti so I have leftovers to make this pie.
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 eggs
- olive oil, as needed
- 1⁄4 garlic clove, cut into razor thin slices
- 1⁄2 lb leftover cooked spaghetti, with sauce on it
- spaghetti sauce, for topping of pie
- mozzarella cheese, for topping of pie
- Whisk together the milk, Parmesan, salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a little olive oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant. Add the leftover spaghetti; pour egg mixture over top, and cook, without stirring, until the bottom is browned, about 5 minutes.
- To flip the pie, set a plate the size of the skillet on top. Invert the skillet so the pie falls on to the plate. Invert the pie onto another plate, cooked-side up. Return the skillet to the medium-high heat, add a little more oil, and slip in the pie. Continue cooking until the bottom is browned, about 5 minutes more.
- Add spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese to pie and cover with lid. Heat until cheese melts, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the pie to a plate, cut into wedges, and serve.
Delicious! I loved this creative way to use up the leftover spaghetti. I had meatballs too so I mixed those in with the noodles. I also added little bits of mozzarella in with the noodles so ours was cheesy and creamy inside as well as cheesy outside. Yum. Can't wait to do this again.