Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
"International Food Evening" at Rangers one night. One of the others was given Russia as her country. This is what she brought in! It's very good, especially eaten with sponge fingers. The recipe specified a "wineglass" of brandy - I've assumed that the wine glass was 175ml. It can probably be used as a topping for that very special dessert!
- 1 pint double cream (heavy cream)
- 6 fluid ounces brandy
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- grated nutmeg (optional)
- caster sugar
- Whip the cream adding the brandy and lemon juice gradually.
- Caster sugar can also be added of necessary.
- Pile into individual glasses and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with sponge fingers.
Very light and fluffy...I think I should have added more sugar (or less lemon) :o) ...This would be a good topping for that extra special dessert that needs more that just "cool whip".