- 1 head of cabbage, 1 inch square
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 dried red chili peppers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (I use arrowroot)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and drain the cabbage mix sauce ingredients in a bowl Heat the wok until it's hot then add the oil and peppers.
- Cook them until the peppers turn a deep red (don't allow to burn).
- Add the cabbage and cook for 2 minutes until it turns bright green, but is still a bit crisp.
- Add the sauce and stir until the starch turns translucent.
- Serve with rice.