1/2 Photos of Vinegar & Salt French Fries
This recipe remind me of fair fries. I fill a tiny spray bottle with vinegar so we can spray additional on our fries.GOOD!. This is an old recipe from Home Cooking. *Cook time does NOT include soaking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices, then into matchsticks.
- 2Combine water and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl.
- 3Completely submerge potatoes in vinegar mixture.
- 4Soak for 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Or deep fry).
- 6Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- 7Transfer to a clean dry bowl.
- 8Toss with canola oil.
- 9Arrange potatoes on heavy gauge nonstick baking sheet in single layer.
- 10Bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes just begin to brown.
- 11Turn and bake for 10 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- 12Toss with 2 teaspoons vinegar and salt to taste.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vinegar & Salt French Fries
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g