Recipe by lets.eat
This recipe remind me of fair fries. I fill a tiny spray bottle with vinegar so we can spray additional on our fries.GOOD!. This is an old recipe from Home Cooking. *Cook time does NOT include soaking time.
Top Review by sloe cooker
I loved this recipe. I like tart and tangy foods and thought this would be more tangy. This was not strong tasting at all, just simple goodness. Used the oven method to cook. Baked 35 minutes total. Can't wait to enjoy again soon. Will try using malt vinegar, as another reviewer had used. Very good fries. Thanks for posting lets.eat.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs baking potatoes, peeled (about 2)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, plus
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar, divided
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices, then into matchsticks.
- Combine water and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large bowl.
- Completely submerge potatoes in vinegar mixture.
- Soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (Or deep fry).
- Drain potatoes on paper towels.
- Transfer to a clean dry bowl.
- Toss with canola oil.
- Arrange potatoes on heavy gauge nonstick baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until potatoes just begin to brown.
- Turn and bake for 10 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
- Toss with 2 teaspoons vinegar and salt to taste.