Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like this recipe because the vinegar, onion, and cucumber taste great together. Also, I love pasta. I clipped this recipe from an insert that came with a Taste of Home magazine a couple of years ago. This dish is great for picnics and potlucks. Expeirment and use flavored vinegars and onion varieties for a totally different taste.
- 1 cup uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion (I prefer red onion)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a bowl; add cucumber and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight- fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour over noodle mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
This is a great recipe. I made it for a dinner with my husband's work friends and everyone loved it. It is a great alternative to the traditional pasta salad.