Recipe by Sherrybeth
Another of Nee's recipes I found stuck in a cookbook. I remember making these with her and was always mortified when she put vinegar in the batter (that stuff smells awful, especially when you are a kid!)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and vinegar well.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture.
- Add vanilla and pecans and stir well.
- Drop by teaspoons on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300°F for 20 minutes or until lightly brown.