Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this on the internet, it looked so easy to make. I had to post it so I wouldn't lose the recipe. The nicest thing about this recipe is that it did last about 2 weeks in my refrigerator. It went over very well at our Family's July 4th picnic. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did eating it. Note: Use the "small cans" of diced tomatoes, I wasn't sure about the ounce size. Also a "small can" of pickle relish is best for this recipe.
- 1 head cabbage (Med Cut)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 6 (4 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 green peppers (sliced like cabbage)
- 1 (6 ounce) jar sweet pickle relish
- Combine sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper over low heat to dissolve the sugar.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix cabbage, bell pepper and pickle relish together.
- Pour sugar and vinegar mixture over all and mix well.
- Place in a gallon container and refrigerate.
- Better if made ahead and allowed to sit for a couple of days before serving.