I found this on the internet, it looked so easy to make. I had to post it so I wouldn't lose the recipe. The nicest thing about this recipe is that it did last about 2 weeks in my refrigerator. It went over very well at our Family's July 4th picnic. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did eating it. Note: Use the "small cans" of diced tomatoes, I wasn't sure about the ounce size. Also a "small can" of pickle relish is best for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper over low heat to dissolve the sugar.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3Mix cabbage, bell pepper and pickle relish together.
- 4Pour sugar and vinegar mixture over all and mix well.
- 5Place in a gallon container and refrigerate.
- 6Better if made ahead and allowed to sit for a couple of days before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vinegar Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2834.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 48.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g