Recipe by Chef Romie
This is an extremely easy cheese to make, perfect for a beginner.The taste is bland so I suggest marinating it cubed in herbed olive-oil(I add salt too).It's a great "science project" recipe to do with children because it's simple and quick.
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk to 185, or close to boiling.
- Add vinegar slowly,while continuosly stirring. The milk will start to seperate into curds and whey.
- When fully separated, pour the mixture into a colander lined with cheesecloth.If you desire to keep the whey for other uses be sure to put a large bowl under colander.
- Tie the corners of the cheesecloth together and hang it where it can drip safely.
- When it stops dripping you can cube it and marinate it in olive oil,wine,soy sauce etc. Or just eat it plain!Enjoy!
- Note:the marinating is not added into the nutritional information -- .