Chef Romie's Note:
This is an extremely easy cheese to make, perfect for a beginner.The taste is bland so I suggest marinating it cubed in herbed olive-oil(I add salt too).It's a great "science project" recipe to do with children because it's simple and quick.
My Private Note
- 1Heat the milk to 185, or close to boiling.
- 2Add vinegar slowly,while continuosly stirring. The milk will start to seperate into curds and whey.
- 3When fully separated, pour the mixture into a colander lined with cheesecloth.If you desire to keep the whey for other uses be sure to put a large bowl under colander.
- 4Tie the corners of the cheesecloth together and hang it where it can drip safely.
- 5When it stops dripping you can cube it and marinate it in olive oil,wine,soy sauce etc. Or just eat it plain!Enjoy!
- 6Note:the marinating is not added into the nutritional information -- .
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vinegar Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (2012 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g