I am the worst pie crust maker. I about gave up until I tried this recipe. Now even I can bake a homemade pie. Timesaver: Keep extra dough frozen until ready to use. Allow 2 days to thaw in refrigerator.
- Combine the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk the vinegar, egg, and 1/2 cup of ice water together and mix into the flour mixture with your hands until just combined.
- Transfer to a clean work surface, and gently press to form a dough.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts.
- Shape each into a ball, flatten slightly to form a disk, and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Roll out disk on lightly floured surface to 1/8" thickness.
- Transfer to to a 9in. pie plate, fill with fruit. Roll second disk top with top crust, crimp edge.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minute.