My mom makes this during the summer when we have cookouts. I always loved cucumbers this way and it tastes even better the next day!
- In a large bowl mix first 3 ingredients.
- Peel and slice cucumbers and onion and add to vinegar/water/sugar mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- If all the cucumbers and onions are eaten reserve the vinegar/water/sugar mix and add fresh cucumbers and onion.
- My servings are an estimate, as I can eat the whole bowl myself :) The cooking time is actually the refrigeration time.
These are pretty good ...never had them with sugar before. I like it better without...I guess it's just what you growup with. Thanks anyway.:)
Very tasty. Always reminds me of my grandma.