Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom makes this during the summer when we have cookouts. I always loved cucumbers this way and it tastes even better the next day!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- In a large bowl mix first 3 ingredients.
- Peel and slice cucumbers and onion and add to vinegar/water/sugar mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- If all the cucumbers and onions are eaten reserve the vinegar/water/sugar mix and add fresh cucumbers and onion.
- My servings are an estimate, as I can eat the whole bowl myself :) The cooking time is actually the refrigeration time.
These are pretty good ...never had them with sugar before. I like it better without...I guess it's just what you growup with. Thanks anyway.:)
I used 3/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/4 cup of rice vinegar for some extra kick!
This was delicious. I added some dill and my family gobbled it up.