Recipe by Darlene Summers
This is another old time recipe--one I make for the holidays too. All my family raves and it gets made regularly every year. This is one of those raves.
Top Review by Merlot
We really enjoyed this Bean Salad! I took it to a pot luck dinner and it was gone before I knew it!!! Everyone asked for the recipe. Anotner plus is I was able to put it together the day before and then just take it out of the refrigerator and go to the party. The dressing was perfect for the beans. Thank AGAIN, Darlene Summers, your recipes never disapoint me.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can yellow wax beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty liquid off beans and rinse the beans; add onion and mix.
- Dressing: In a small pan, put all dressing ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cool before pouring over bean mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate till good and cold.
- This salad is better after 24 hours, so if you want to make it a day or so before you need it, it will be delicious.