Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make sure that the tomatoes are fresh vine-ripened tomatoes--they make all the difference in the world. A delicious and quick summer salad using fresh ingredients. For the garlic infused olive oil, I used the olive oil from Juenessa's Garlic-Infused Oil and Dipping Sauce.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic-infused olive oil (Garlic-Infused Oil and Dipping Sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and layer on individual salad plates, slightly overlapping; top with onion rings and basil.
- In a small dish, blend the olive oil and vinegar together, pour over the salad.
- Sprinkle the cheese over all and add freshly ground sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Wonderful salad with all the garden tomatoes people are sharing with me. Also threw in some mozzarella cheese for the heck of it. Thanks for the tasty salad Paula! Try it people and you won't be disappointed.
Excellent and very colorful. I used Italian dressing, but next time I will use the garlic-infused oil. This was wonderful and so simple! Thanks for sharing.
I thought this salad was GREAT!! I had made a fresh tomato and sweet onion salad for years now, but I really enjoyed the additions of the basil, garlic oil and feta cheese - Thanks, PaulaG, for making my old salad taste new and exciting again!