7 hrs 15 mins
6 hrs 15 mins
Adjust the cayenne to control how hot you want this. You may also add in chopped fresh jalapeno. I usually serve over rice or polenta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1In a blender or food processor, add 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, coriander, cumin, mustard, cayenne, turmeric, and vinegar; process until mixture is smooth; set aside.
- 2Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add in the onion and carrot, cover and cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4Transfer the onion and carrot to a 4-quart slow cooker on LOW heat setting.
- 5Add in the spice paste, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Add in the next 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- 7In a small bowl, mix together the tomato paste and water; add to the slow cooker along with salt and pepper to taste; cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- 8Add in the peas; cook for 10 more minutes to allow them to heat; serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vindaloo Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 404.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar