Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use in Vindaloo recipes calling for Vindaloo curry paste. Easy to make so you don't have to buy it and you can have it fresh. Easy to store and freeze as well.
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 whole cloves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
- May freeze for up to 2 months.
- Use as directed in recipes.
I am used to Carribean / Indian hot dishes. This flavor is very good, but I thought it needed a bit more heat . I added cayenne (2 tsps) to this mix. I used it on chicken and lamb .Great flavor.
This was my first time making curry paste. I made this recipe to use in another Zaar recipe - Honey Vindaloo Glazed Chicken Wings by Latchy. The recipe is so simple and my wings were delicious.