Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3 fresh jalapenos
- 6 medium firm roma tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease (Optional) or 1 tablespoon olive oil (Optional)
- Wash and"pull" stems from Jalapenos and Tomatoes so they remain whole.
- Do Not cut them off.
- Place in a Medium Sauce Pan and cover with Water.
- Bring to a slow boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning jalapenos to cook evenly.
- Drain water and place in food processor or blender.
- Pulse to chop/blend.
- Add Garlic Salt and Bacon Grease/Olive Oil.
- Then salt to taste.
- For hotter or milder sauce adjust the ratio of jalapenos to Tomatoes.
- The natural oils from jalapenos are what give it heat.
- Adding Bacon.
- Grease/Olive Oil helps incorporate the flavors.