Posted by request, here is Vincent Price's blender-made butter cream from "A Treasury of Great Recipes." (Which is a highly recommended cookbook, by the way. Get yourself a copy!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using your electric blender, blend together at high speed the hot coffee and the chocolate pieces (make sure the cover is on) for about 20 seconds or until smooth. (Mr. Price does not indicate what he means by "chocolate pieces" but I think semi-sweet chocolate chips would probably serve well.).
- 2Add the egg yolks and dark rum or brandy, cover, and mix at high speed for about 10-15 seconds until the yolks are well incorporated.
- 3With the blender running, individually drop in the pieces of butter. From Mr. Price: "If vortex ceases to form, break surface of mixture with a rubber spatula, being careful not to dip too deeply into the blades.".
- 4You may needs to use a small rubber spatula to occasionally work the sides of the blender to make sure all the butter is incorporated.
- 5When all butter is into the mixture, you should have enough butter cream to fill and frost an 8-inch layer cake. Final note from Mr. Price: "In very warm weather it may be necessary to chill the cream before spreading over a cake.".
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vincent Price's Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 152.1 mg
- Sodium 140.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 3.0 g