Most recipes I've found online from Mr. Price have been from his best-known cookbook, "A Treasury of Great Recipes." This one, however, is based on one from the rare British paperback cookbook, "Cooking Price-Wise," which was a companion to a cooking show in the early 1970s of the same name, hosted by Vincent Price.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cooked leg of lamb or 12 ounces lamb shoulder, in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur (optional)
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 ounces desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite curry powder
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed and leaves separated (original recipe did not specify type of lettuce)
- 1Trim the lamb of fat and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2In a bowl, sprinkle meat with the orange liqueur and toss to coat well; set aside.
- 3Pull 4 attractive-looking orange sections from the peeled oranges; set aside for garnish.
- 4Chop the remaining peeled oranges into 1/4 to 1/2 inch sized pieces, then add to the lamb; add the chopped celery and stir.
- 5In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut, curry powder, mayonnaise, and salt and pepper to taste to make the dressing.
- 6Add the dressing to the lamb mixture, stir well to coat.
- 7Arrange the romaine lettuce attractively on a serving platter, then pile the lamb salad on top.
- 8Garnish salad with the reserved orange sections and serve.
Browse Our Top Oranges Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Oranges Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vincent Price Wellington Salad
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.6
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 218.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 19.4 g