Recipe by Julesong
Most recipes online from Mr. Price have been from his best-known cookbook, "A Treasury of Great Recipes." This one, however, is based on a recipe from the rare British paperback cookbook, "Cooking Price-Wise," which was a companion to a cooking show in the early 1970s of the same name, hosted by Vincent Price. Prep time includes chilling.
- 6 cups shredded white cabbage
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled Stilton cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the cabbage, pepper, and green onion; chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and Stilton cheese to make the dressing; chill in refrigerator for 1 hour (or for as long as you chill the cabbage mixture, at least).
- To serve, put the cabbage mixture into a large serving bowl, then pour the dressing over; toss, serve, and enjoy!
- Note: as with many older recipes, the ingredient amounts and directions are a bit lacking; the original recipe said "breakfast cups" of cabbage, and I do not know if a "breakfast cup" is smaller than a regular one, or not.
- Also, if you don't like green bell pepper (as I don't) you might consider replacing it with red, yellow, or orange bell pepper.