Recipe by Julesong
Most recipes online from Mr. Price have been from his best-known cookbook, "A Treasury of Great Recipes." This one, however, is based on a recipe from the rare British paperback cookbook, "Cooking Price-Wise," which was a companion to a cooking show in the early 1970s of the same name, hosted by Vincent Price. Prep time includes chilling.
- 8 ounces ripe tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons cooked peas
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- watercress, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tomatoes and cut into wedges of a size you prefer (you can remove the seeds, if you like); set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion until transparent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the curry powder to the onions, stir, and sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, peas (the peas can be cooked briefly if you like, or used raw), and salt and pepper to taste, and stir well to blend flavors.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Place in serving dish, garnish with tomato wedges and watercress, and serve.