Recipe by Julesong
Most recipes online from Mr. Price have been from his best-known cookbook, "A Treasury of Great Recipes." This one, however, is based on a recipe from the cookbook published with his wife in 1969, "Come into the Kitchen." Posted on a request from folks looking for Vincent Price cheese bread recipes. Prep time does not include chilling.
- 1⁄2 cup chilled butter
- 1⁄2 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- split blanched almond, for garnish
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, cream together the butter and cheddar cheese (you can use an electric mixer, if you like - just be sure not to overmix).
- Mix in the flour, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Gather dough into a ball, cover with plastic, and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and turn out the dough onto a lightly-floured board.
- Roll dough to a 1/4-inch thickness and cut with a small round biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a non-stick baking sheet, press a half of a blanched almond in the center of each biscuit, and lightly sprinkle the biscuits to taste with salt.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 7 to 8 minutes until golden.