Recipe by Shannon Holmes
I made this recipe up because the sub they make at Subway has ham and roast beef on it, which I do not eat! Really good and very simple. Skip the olives to make it even more low-fat.
Top Review by Manda
I made this to take to work for lunch, and my co-workers had thought I ordered it out from a restaurant!! The only thing I changed was that I added peeled, sliced cucumbers to my sandwich, and sprinkled it with garlic powder. I used romaine lettuce because I love the added benefit of extra vitamins:) I made mine on a deli-made sub roll, so I really don't know what the nutritional value was, but this is definitely a filling and healthy lunch that is better than any take-out food anytime!! I love the Wish-bone FF red-wine vinaigrette. I will make this one often!!
- 1⁄8 lb very thinly sliced 99% fat-free honey roasted turkey breast
- 5 medium pitted olives, sliced thin
- 3 thin slices vidalia onions
- 1 small roma tomato, seeded and sliced thin
- 1 leaf romaine lettuce, cut into thin ribbons or 1 -2 leaf shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 low-fat sub roll, sliced in half (I use Cobblestone Mill)
- 2 -3 tablespoons fat-free red wine vinaigrette (I use Wishbone)