Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes a huge amount of salad dressing for a few hundred people. For a church crowd or PTA spaghetti supper fund raiser. The leftover dressing keeps well if you use the dried parsley. But more attractive salad with the fresh because it stays brighter green. THIS CAN ALSO BE GIVEN IN JARS AS GIFTS. I am also listing a spaghetti recipe for a huge crowd too.
- 2 1⁄4 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped fresh parsley (OR BELOW)
- 3⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 7 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper (large grind)
- 4 cups fresh grated parmesan cheese (or dried for time)
- 6 cups olive oil (or any good salad oil)
- Mix first 7 ingredients and let stand for a few minutes.
- Stir in oil of choice.
- Store at room temperature if using soon.
- If using fresh parsley refrigerate any leftovers.
- Oil made with dried parsley may sit on counter top.
- *BEST IF MADE A FEW DAYS BEFORE NEEDED TO ALLOW FLAVORS TO MELD.
Truly an outstanding recipe; I didn't make for a crowd; however was just delish cut down to 2. Made for PAC Fall07.