- 1 small crisp head of lettuce, torn in pieces
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almonds or 1⁄2 cup unsalted cashews, halved
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons clear honey or 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 small orange, juice of
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- For the salad, combine the vegetables, raisins, almonds/cashews, and seeds in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Pour over the salad.
- Toss the salad thoroughly.
- Season with salt & pepper, and serve lightly chilled.