Recipe by ErOnur
This is one of my own recipes! Folks at home liked it first time and after several years they keep on asking for more
- 1 kg fresh spinach
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 50 g butter
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil spinach and let drain.
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Peel potatoes.
- Mash potatoes, mixing in softened butter, 1/2 cup milk, salt and pepper.
- Add some salt to drained spinach.
- Arrange spinach and mash in layers in a staight-sided baking dish, starting with spinach and mash on top.
- Mix rest of milk and egg, and pour milk mixture over the layers.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake at 150 C for half an hour.
- Brown top under grill for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately on toasted whole-wheat bread slices.