1 hr 10 mins
Donna Matthews's Note:
Another recipe from a friend. It can be half dipped in chocolate, but I really like it best left plain and simple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Set almonds aside to cool.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, vanilla, almond extract and orange zest.
- 5Blend in flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- 6Fold in nuts, getting them well distributed.
- 7Grease and flour baking sheet.
- 8Form dough into 2 logs about 12 inches long each; then flatten out to be about 1/2 inch high.
- 9Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- 10Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- 12On a cutting board, slice each loaf diagonally into 1/2 to 1 inch slices.
- 13Place slices flat on baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- 14Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vikki's Biscotti Toscani
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 71.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g