Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Another recipe from a friend. It can be half dipped in chocolate, but I really like it best left plain and simple.
- Place almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set almonds aside to cool.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, almond extract and orange zest.
- Blend in flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- Fold in nuts, getting them well distributed.
- Grease and flour baking sheet.
- Form dough into 2 logs about 12 inches long each; then flatten out to be about 1/2 inch high.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- On a cutting board, slice each loaf diagonally into 1/2 to 1 inch slices.
- Place slices flat on baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.