Recipe by Viki Anderson
I recently learned I was diabetic. I once had trout at a restaurant that was almond encrusted with a Grand Marnier Sauce. I decided to create a recipe that used sugar free Torani Syrup and sugar free Orange Marmelade.
Top Review by crystmith
My son and I made this recipe together and it was Great! I think the best fish recipe I ever had. The only thing we changed was we did not use sugar free marmalade. If I owned a restaraunt this would so be on the menu.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 1 tablespoon torani sugar-free almond syrup
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sugar-free orange marmalade
- 5 g butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 400°.
- Pre-spray iron skillet or baking dish with Pam.
- Combine Almond Syrup and Egg Whites and Whip until stiff peaks.
- I used a stick beater bouncing up and down gently to add air.
- Gently fold in Almond flour until incorporated.
- Rinse fresh fillet, then pat fillet dry and season with salt and pepper.
- With spatula, coat one side of fillet with egg white mixture. Lay coated side down on skillet.
- Top each fillet with more egg white mixture until fillet is totally encased with coating top and sides.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes until egg white mixture is starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve on a bed of butterhead lettuce dressed with Sugar Free Raspberry vinaigrette.
- Orange Sauce: Mix marmelade, butter, parsley and red pepper flakes together in small bowl and microwave for 30-60 seconds, stir well.
- Spoon Orange Sauce on top of fillets and serve.