Jax Carcache's Note:
This is an extremely difficult meal. If you can pull it off well. My hats off to you. THIS IS NOT AN EASY DISH. READ THE RECIPE AND BEFORE YOU MAKE IT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME. I DON'T WANT YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE WASTING YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU FAIL TO MAKE THIS.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs fried pork rinds ("chicharron de cerdo") or 4 lbs pork cracklings ("chicharron de cerdo")
- 4 lbs cassava
- 4 lbs cabbage
- 3 bunches cilantro ("Culantro de Castilla")
- 1/2 lb onion
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 15 limes
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- 1You will also need: 10 almond tree leaves or 10 plastic dishes.
- 3You can purchase the Chicharrones on a local market, it is pork rind cooked on low heat in a pot without oil.
- 4The pork meat will release its oil little by little.
- 5It is generally cooked for three hours until the"Chicharrones" are brown, crunchy, or toasted.
- 6Take the"chicharrones" and cut them in small pieces.
- 7FOR THE OTHERS:.
- 8Peel the cassava and cut it on pieces of 1.97 inches (5 cm) long.
- 9Place the cassava on a pot, fill the pot with water until the water reaches 0.79 (2 cm) above the cassava level.
- 10Boil the cassava with the water until the cassava is soft, add salt, oregano, a whole head of garlic when the cassava starts getting soft.
- 11Once the cassava is soft, drain the water, and let the cassava cool down.
- 12Chop the cilantro and the onions into thin pieces.
- 13Or, blend them on a blender.
- 14Squeeze the 15 limes and store their juice on a glass container.
- 15Mix the tomatoes, onions, cilantro in a glass container.
- 16Pour the lime juice with one teaspoon of sugar on the mix.
- 17Add salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- 18Chop the cabbage.
- 20Serve three pieces of cassava, two pieces of"Chicharron," and 4 tablespoons of tomatoes over 3 tablespoons of cabbage on an almond tree leaf or a plastic dish.
Nutritional Facts for Vigoron
Serving Size: 1 (831 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.3
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 81.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.2 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g