Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
This is an extremely difficult meal. If you can pull it off well. My hats off to you. THIS IS NOT AN EASY DISH. READ THE RECIPE AND BEFORE YOU MAKE IT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONTACT ME. I DON'T WANT YOU PEOPLE OUT THERE WASTING YOUR MONEY WHEN YOU FAIL TO MAKE THIS.
- 4 lbs fried pork rinds ("chicharron de cerdo") or 4 lbs pork cracklings ("chicharron de cerdo")
- 4 lbs cassava
- 4 lbs cabbage
- 3 bunches cilantro ("Culantro de Castilla")
- 1⁄2 lb onion
- 3 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 15 limes
- salt, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- oregano, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- You will also need: 10 almond tree leaves or 10 plastic dishes.
- You can purchase the Chicharrones on a local market, it is pork rind cooked on low heat in a pot without oil.
- The pork meat will release its oil little by little.
- It is generally cooked for three hours until the"Chicharrones" are brown, crunchy, or toasted.
- Take the"chicharrones" and cut them in small pieces.
- FOR THE OTHERS:.
- Peel the cassava and cut it on pieces of 1.97 inches (5 cm) long.
- Place the cassava on a pot, fill the pot with water until the water reaches 0.79 (2 cm) above the cassava level.
- Boil the cassava with the water until the cassava is soft, add salt, oregano, a whole head of garlic when the cassava starts getting soft.
- Once the cassava is soft, drain the water, and let the cassava cool down.
- Chop the cilantro and the onions into thin pieces.
- Or, blend them on a blender.
- Squeeze the 15 limes and store their juice on a glass container.
- Mix the tomatoes, onions, cilantro in a glass container.
- Pour the lime juice with one teaspoon of sugar on the mix.
- Add salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Chop the cabbage.
- Serve three pieces of cassava, two pieces of"Chicharron," and 4 tablespoons of tomatoes over 3 tablespoons of cabbage on an almond tree leaf or a plastic dish.