Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From the Vegetarian Times 2000: "This platter is a traditional accompaniment to almost all Vietnamese meals."
- 2 heads of soft lettuce
- 1 cup coarsely chopped of fresh mint
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion (white and green parts)
- 1 large cucumber
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup daikon radish, shredded (optional)
- 1 cup shredded jicama (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Use lettuce like Boston lettuce, leaves torn in half.
- for the cuke: peel and slice length- wise, then thinly into half-moons.
- On a large platter, place each ingredient in individual mounds, with the lettuce in the center and the other items surrounding it.
- Variations: In addition to or as a substitution for the vegetables and herbs listed use the optional ingredients.