1/2 Photos of Vietnamese Turkey Meatballs and Noodles
2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
Lean, flavorful meatballs in a spicy, light broth with noodles & greens. Lots of Vietnamese flavor, but without all the calories!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 5 bulbs green onions, finely minced
- 5 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, minced
- 8 ounces ramen noodles or 8 ounces rice noodles or 8 ounces vermicelli, cooked
- 1/2 head green leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, torn into small pieces
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the sugar with 5 tablespoons water and cook over high heat for about 2-3 minutes, or until enough liquid evaporates and a syrup forms. Remove from the heat.
- 2Combine the turkey, green onions, 3 tablespoons of fish sauce, syrup, and pepper in a large bowl. Mix very well so all ingredients are incorporated in the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- 3In a small bowl, make a sauce by combining 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, water, garlic and serrano pepper. Set aside.
- 4When done marinating, shape the turkey meat into 12 meatball patties. Turn on the broiler, place on patties a sprayed pan and broil for 5 minutes. Flip the patties over, and broil for a further 5 minutes (You want a bit of charring on both sides).
- 5Spoon the reserved sauce into four bowls, then place the pork patties over the sauce. Place the noodles next to the patties, and finally place the lettuce and cilantro in the bowl. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Turkey Meatballs and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 3007.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 30.5 g