Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 mins
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, diced
- 4 carrots, julienned
- 1 1⁄4 cups snow peas, stemmed, strings removed and very finely julienned
- 1 1⁄4 cups bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, cut into thin slivers
- 16 basil leaves
- 16 rice paper sheets
- 3 cups boiling water
- 10 green tea with mint tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 6 green tea with mint tea bags
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 green onions, minced
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add mushrooms, carrots, snow peas and bean sprouts, blanch for 1 minute, and transfer to a paper towel.
- Have green onions and basil leaves prepared.
- Boil 3 cups water, add 10 tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags.
- Pour tea into a low sided casserole and allow to cool.
- To assemble rolls, soak sheets of rice paper in tea for 1 minute, carefully transfer to a paper towel, let sit 1-2 minutes or until pliable.
- To assemble each roll, take a soaked wrapper, arrange 1/16th of the vegetables in a row on top of the wrapper, roll up rice paper folding in flaps after first turn.
- Add one basil leaf, keep rolling.
- Continue until all the rolls are finished.
- The rolls will keep in the refrigerator for 6 hours, tightly covered.
- To serve cut in half on the diagonal and serve with dipping sauce.
- To make sauce, pour boiling water over 6 tea bags, let steep five minutes, remove tea bags.
- Combine tea, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and green onions.
- Mix well and serve with wrappers.
Oh man this is so good! I love Vietnamese foods. I haven't had something like this in years and I'm quite happy to have stumbled on it to make for myself. I did not change a thing! They are so healthy and meat free, especially fish free so I didn't have to work around my allergies. There is so much fresh flavor in these little rolls. I will be making these again soon. Made and reviewed as the recipe of the day for the Comfort Cafe - Thanks! :)