Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
David Nelsons sauce for spring rolls, taquitos and other fried items, as well as a marinade for game.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red jalapeno chile, chopped, seeded, ribs removed*
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup nuoc mam vietnamese fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin, sweet rice cooking wine
- Combine garlic, jalapeno, sugar, and the juices in the blender and liquefy. Add the vinegar, fish sauce and mirin. Blend for 5 seconds.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
- * A dried pequin pepper can be used if red jalapenos are out of season.
Nice and spicy !! I used this for come cooked chicken wings, and breadsticks. Loved the tangerine flavor > Made for Gimme 5.
I left out the chile, because I thought my daughter might like this sauce, otherwise. She didn't, but the adults sure did. :) She has no taste! I loved the tang of it. Thank you for posting, made for ZWT4.
Loved this brown tangerine dipping sauce. Has a salty taste in it with a hint of spice. Used dried chili pepper in it. Wonderful combination with spring rolls. It'll be a keeper. Thank you, MarraMamba :)