Recipe by Elmotoo
Found for playing in the Asian Forum. ;) It's essentialy rice pudding squares. OH MY.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
We are enjoying these delicious squares. They are somewhat sweeter than what my family likes even though I reduced the sugar to 1 cup but good none the less. Made for ZWT6.
- 2 cups uncooked glutinous rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups thick coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups shaved palm sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rice and water in a rice cooker and cook until rice is done, about 60 minutes.
- Put the coconut milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the brown sugar or palm sugar and simmer, stirring constantly until mixture becomes thick, about 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and simmer, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- The mixture should still be slightly moist.
- Press into a square pan, cut & enjoy!