Cooking Light. August 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup thinly sliced bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cooked bean threads (cellophane noodles, about 1 ounce uncooked)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (about 2)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 6 ounces cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 (8 inch) round sheets rice paper
- 1To prepare the rolls, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- 2Add hot water to a large, shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or just until soft. Place sheet on a flat surface.
- 3Arrange 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over half of sheet, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Folding sides of sheet over filling and starting with filled side, roll up jelly-roll fashion.
- 4Gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat procedure with remaining shrimp mixture and rice paper sheets.
- 5To prepare dipping sauce, combine sugar and remaining ingredients; stir with a whisk. Serve with summer rolls.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Summer Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.2
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 300.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
chili paste with garlic