Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve 2 rolls for a entree or just one as an appetizer. The sauce is great! Use about an ounce of dry cellophane noodles to get 1/2 cup bean threads.
For the Rolls
- 1 cup thinly sliced bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bean threads
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mint
- 6 ounces cooked peeled and deveined shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 8 sheets rice paper (8-inch round)
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic (like sambal oelek)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- To prepare the rolls: Combine the first 8 ingredients. Add hot water to a large shallow dish to a depth of 1 inch. Place 1 rice paper sheet in dish; let stand 30 seconds or just until soft. Place sheet on a flat surface. Arrange 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over half of sheet, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Folding sides of sheet over filling and starting with filled side, roll up jelly-roll fashion. Gently press seam to seal. Place roll, seam side down, on a serving platter (cover to keep from drying). Repeat with remaining shrimp mixture and rice paper sheets.
- To prepare the dipping sauce: Combine sugar and remaining ingredients, stir with a whisk. Serve with summer rolls.