1/1 Photo of Vietnamese-Style Grilled Steak With Noodles
This is a great summertime steak dish for 2 with a lot of pantry items mixed with fresh that has been adapted from Gourmet and become a favorite of ours. If I have time I double the sauce and quickly marinate the steak in it. It is quick & easy and also lends great leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 170.09 g capellini or 170.09 g other thin spaghetti
- 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 22.18 ml soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 19.71 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml hot red pepper flakes
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml anchovy paste
- 59.14 ml packed fresh mint leaves, shredded, plus 2 mint sprigs for garnish
- 453.59 g flank steaks or 1 strip steak
- 1 cucumber, seeded cut into julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1In a kettle of boiling salted water boil the capellini until it is just tender and drain it in a colander. Rinse the capellini under cold water and drain it well.
- 2While the noodles are boiling, in a blender blend the vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, the soy sauce, the garlic, the sugar, the red pepper flakes, the salt, and the anchovy paste until the sauce is smooth. In a bowl toss the noodles with the sauce and the shredded mint.
- 3Heat a well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat until it is hot and in it grill the steaks, patted dry and seasoned with salt and pepper, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until they are springy to the touch, for medium-rare meat. (Alternatively the steaks may be grilled on an oiled rack set 4 to 5 inches over glowing coals for the same amount of time.).
- 4Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let them stand for 5 minutes. Cut the steaks into thin slices.
- 5Divide the noodles between 2 plates, mounding them, arrange the slices of steak on them, and surround the noodles with the cucumber and the bell pepper. Garnish each serving with a mint sprig.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese-Style Grilled Steak With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 154.6 mg
- Sodium 1195.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 61.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar