Prep 35 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is from a magazine clipping. Prep time includes chilling time.
Make and share this Vietnamese-Style Grilled Beef Wrap-Ups recipe from Food.com.
Marinade and Beef
- 3 small shallots
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄4 lbs beef round steak, sliced very thinly across grain
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 head leafy lettuce, separated
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 small seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Marinade and beef:
- Puree shallots, garlic, jalapeno, fish sauce, oils, sugar and lemon rind in blender or food processor.
- Mix with beef, tossing to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Broil 1-2" from heat until seared and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side.
- Dipping sauce:
- Combine all ingredients.
- To serve: place some beef, cilantro and/or mint, and a few pieces of cucumber on a lettuce leaf.
- Roll up.
- Dip in sauce.
I really enjoyed the flavors but DH didn't care for it. I did omit the oils in the marinade and the mint only because I didn't have any mint available. This is very easy to prepare. I'm keeping it for just me when DH is out of town. Thanks for posting. :)
We really enjoyed these. I substituted cress for the mint on the garnish plate, as I don't care for mint, but otherwise made as written. This is a really good marinade, and will definitely be made again. Made for the Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens, ZWT6.