From an Ainsley Harriot cookbook. A favourite in our house. The flavours come together beautifully to give a really refreshing taste. Lovely on a summer evening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 -20 crispy lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 red chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soft light brown sugar
- 4 limes
- 1Heat half of the oil in a large frying pan, add half the pork and cook over a high heat stirring occasionally until brown and crispy. Set aside, heat rest of oil and cook remaining pork in the same way.
- 2In a bowl mil together the ginger, chilli, garlic, spring onions and the coriander. Add the soy sauce, vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and the juice of one of the limes. Mix well.
- 3Pour over the crispy pork and stir to mix together.
- 4Pile the mixture onto the individual lettuce leaves, give each one a squeeze of lime juice or serve with a wedge of lime.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vietnamese Style Crispy Pork Salad
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.8
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 1312.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar